Have you ever heard about Hunza People? There are a lot of stories and myths of people who lived healthy and happily for a long amount of time. The myths from the Holy Grail, or the Fountain of youth, are quite intriguing even after all the years that have gone by.
It’s not a secret that there are many living people that live much longer than we do. Shockingly, there are people who have never been sick in their life.
So, what is the secret to a long and healthy life?
To answer that question, I went through the most amazing life stories of those centenarians who were willing to share their wisdom on the net. To be honest, many of those stories were different and I was not able to make some final conclusion at first about the “secret” I was looking for. I found many different answers and they confused me even more.
For example, Emma Morano from Italy lived 116 years, and she explained that the reason for her long life is staying single. She said:“I didn’t want to be dominated by anyone”, so after her divorce at the age of 38 she spent the rest of her life single. She even won the battle against anemia by eating two raw eggs a day her whole life.
Another life story about Mushatt-Jones tells about eating fried bacon every single day. A California centenarian told his secret was eating one donut a day. After, I learned about the life story of Clarice Emley, who was born and raised on a farm.
She explained that her family and she ate only what they grew and caught. She is still physically active, working out every day together with her friends. Then, I found out stories about centenarian twins and their secret of getting older together and close as the main reason for their long life.
Being so confused, I still was persistent in searching for the “secret”. Then, I saw an article on the Hunza people that took me by surprise as I came closer to my answer. Hunza people or Hunzas are a population in the mountain terrain of Pakistan.
Connecting together the dots of all the stories and facts presented above, here is my conclusion about how to have a long and healthy life:
- You do need to educate through life. You can start developing a healthy mind at a young age, and its advised you should never stop reading and thinking actively. Clarice Emley was a teacher, almost all Hunzas are educated. We all need a healthy developed brain to have a healthy life.
- Single or not it doesn’t matter as long as you maintain healthy relationships during your whole life.
- A “Healthy relationship” means a good connection with yourself, acknowledging hidden feelings, and helping to dissolve them in a healthy energy, no matter how contagious they can be. Using self- learning techniques and meditation can help you develop a better understanding of your needs and wishes, which can lead to a bigger,loving atmosphere for you and everyone else.
Don’t be afraid to express your feelings, for suppressing them can sometimes lead to an abyss. Expressing your feelings can make your relationships “grow old” with you in a healthy direction. So don’t stay away from marriage, but be able to “jump out” of an unstable and unhealthy one. At the end, it is your life that matters most, and the lives of those you love.
- Avoid stress! Yes, stress is the greatest silent killer, the modern “exterminator” of life force. You should retire and slow down in some peaceful place, where you can reconnect with nature and try to live a calmer life.
- Try to eat organic, natural food, and if you have the chance, grow it yourself. Look at the Hunza people, they eat only what they grow, and they live to be very healthy. They don’t even know what cancer is.
They die old and happy, seeing more in life than anyone of us. They see the sunrise many years after your last sunset. They witness their great-grandchildren running and playing around. So think of that next time you reach for an unhealthy snack.
- Don’t skip the physical activity! Even though it is hard, don’t give up! Think of all the working hours the Hunza people spend in the fields! It is hard, but keeping your muscles “warm” can never be bad. Clarice Emley (we mentioned before) exercises every day. And she is 105 years old! You are never getting younger.
We have to give up things to change our lives and its direction. We do it for ourselves. Why not try these things; maybe they will help you after all? Maybe you will live longer than anyone in your family and friends. Maybe you will be the first one that can live for 200 years.Until that time, let’s use the knowledge of those people that are older than 100 and still alive and healthy.
I wish you good luck! May you live a healthy, long life!