Kale is often times called a super green, touted as being healthier than spinach. Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat. One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fiber and 0 grams of fat.
Following are the health benefits of eating kale:
1. Kale is full of vitamins. One cup of cooked kale contains over 1,000 percent of Vitamin K and nearly 100 percent of vitamins A and C.
2. One serving of kale contains 121 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acids, a significant amount of the 500 milligrams recommended daily intake. Omega-3 helps protect you from heart disease and stroke
3. The good nutrients in kale help support heart health. It’s all thanks to the high fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 content kale contains.
4. Kale has risk-lowering benefits for cancer. Some studies suggest that eating kale can reduce the risk of bladder, breast, colon, ovary and prostate cancer.
5. Kale has cholesterol-lowering abilities. The cholesterol-lowering ability of steamed kale was compared with the cholesterol-lowering ability of the prescription drug cholestyramine.
6. Kale can lower blood-pressure
7. Kale can control diabetes too
This is the great recipe for Kale and Banana Smoothie that is great in taste. Even if you don’t like kale, you will definitely enjoy this smoothie.